Sunday, March 05, 2006

Livin' On The Edge...in Lexington, KY

We had a nice 4 show weekend here in Lexington, KY. Really nice town with some cool bars in a 2 block radius. Also, the UK arena is right next door and with the UK vs. Florida NCAA game today, the town was hopping. Unfortunatly, UK lost by 14, so the town was dead quiet after our show.

In a weird series of events a man came up to the pit before the show and was talking to Kasey our conductor. I thought nothing of it as people talk to us before the show to see where we were, where we're going, ya know, usual stuff. When we got back to the hotel around 545 or so, we get a call from the same man. Well, it turns out he used to work with some of the higher ups in NETworks (my company) when they were performing or touring like we are now. Except this guy, is now the road manager for Aerosmith!

He invited Kasey and I out to dinner and we took off to a pretty swanky Italian restaurant in downtown Lexington. I had a pan roasted chicken with sundried tomatoes and a garlic mashed potato with some kind of creamy sauce. Yum. We shared stories of being out on the road in the entertainment business, but man, has this guy been around! He told stories about everything, and how life in the rock and roll business really is. It was such a good time just hearing about his experiences.

He's toured with Peter Gabriel, Def Leppard, Hanson, Allman Brothers, Spice Girls, and has been with Aerosmith for the past 5 years. He invited us to their show on Tuesday here at the Rupp Arena, but sadly we'll be in Columbia, MO. But he did give me his card and said to look up their itinerary and if we're ever in the same area again, give him a call and we can hang out. Honestly a nice, down to earth guy if ever there was one.

Well, it's about 1230am now, and although I didn't check the official tally, I'm pretty sure I lost the Oscar pool here on the Oklahoma tour. I mean, c'mon, I didn't pick Wallace and Gromit, and also didn't choose Tsotsis for best foreign language film. Was I high or something?

Also, Crash came out of nowhere. One gay cowboy movie and the entire film industry falls on its head....

No comments: