Monday, October 24, 2005

First day of rehearsal is in the books.

Had 6 hours of rehearsal today, and I thought it went really well. Great group of players in the group and they're all alot of fun. Which makes me really happy as I have to see them all for the next 6 months.

I don't know why this part is in bold, but I can't change it back. We had dinner at Ponderosa which is a steakhouse and a buffet. We had a good meal and went back to have the 2nd half of rehearsal. After rehearsal I got some snacks and checked some email. Simpson then challenged me to a heads up match for $5 on Pokerstars. I said no, but then agreed. He beat me real quick as I didn't put up much of a fight and made a lot of stupid calls when I knew I was beat.

My roomate Ira, who coincidentally has the same laptop I do, just with the one size bigger screen, and also plays online poker. What are the odds that I would be paired with someone like that? Anyways, he was multitabling on Pokerroom and I made some phone calls and such. I decided to play a $38 6 handed SNG where the top 2 cash. I finished 4th with no real exciting play. Just missed some draws and ran low on chips, pushing in with K4o on the button and the BB woke up with 88. I missed, and was out.

To make my buy-in back I logged a couple hours on the 1/2 NL tables, my bread and butter the past few weeks. I only played for 30 min on first table, made $28 and then people left and the game essentially broke.

I moved over to another table where while waiting to post my blind saw a guy get hit with the deck and make over $300 on 2 hands. I got KK 3x in 7 hands and made $110 from that player alone.

That's where I stand right now. Taradise was just on E! and I feel dumber having watched it. It's amazing I'm somehow winning at this game. The Outer Limits is on now, but time for bed soon. Thanks for reading, I'll put pictures up as soon as I take some!

No comments: