Sunday, October 30, 2005

After our 2nd preview in Indiana, we were invited to a very rich man's house in Wabash, the town we were in. His company is Honeywell Industries, who do all the meters for houses or something. They also do all the manhole covers all over the country. His house was huge and had an atrium down to the bottom floor...
















He also had an indoor pool.














He also just recently finished a waterfall in the middle of his property. The only way out there is on a golf cart ride in the woods. I'm not making this up.
















Houston-

is a very fun city. We flew into Dallas from Indianapolis on Saturday. After a quick layover, we got on our 45 minute flight to Houston. It was there that we met our bus, our "home" for the next 6 months. We drove to our hotel, and had all day off which was nice. Another trip to the Walmart brought 2 funny picture moments, pics to come soon.

We partied it up in Houston, going to Slick Willie's Family Pool Hall, a great pool bar with awesome tables. We had a few drinks there and took a cab back to the hotel where I went to a Jack in the Box for the 1st time. Only the drive-thru was open, but I lacked the necessary device of a car. With quick thinking, I saw an employee leaving in her car, and flagged her down and gave her the sob story about how I'm from NY, where they don't have any Jack in the Box's. I pleaded for her to get us some food, and she obliged. I made my way back to the room and drifted off to sleep.

Today we went drove to College Station Texas to Texas A&M Univ. Just hung out here pretty much all day, got some food, some Coldstone Creamery (Cookie Minster...yum). Then I started feeling sick. My allergies are awful, eyes all swollen, congested, feel like crap basically. Also my lips are insanely chapped, and hurt like crazy. It's been 70 degress all the time here in Texas, maybe the dry air is doing it? Discuss....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the dry air is deffinately affecting the allergies and chapped lips. So many things I could have warned you about!!!