Monday, February 19, 2007

Back in NY

Well, for a day. I'm in Queens in Karen's apartment for the day, let me explain. Our Sunday evening show was canceled and we don't have a show till Wednesday night in Edmonton, AB. (Canada) So I decided to come back and hang out for a day and then fly to Canada tomorrow night to get in just after 1am on Wed. morning. We had a good weekend in Aurora, didn't see Wayne and Garth though, sadly. I also found out that Will and Erin will be coming to see me in Vancouver next weekend which is pretty exciting. Maybe he can smuggle a copy of Windows Vista over the border for me.

Karen came and visited this weekend, which she had quite a terrible travel day. She usually travels standby on Delta but because of the weather delays it didn't look good to travel without a ticket. She ended up buying an expensive one way ticket that connected through DC, then Detroit before landing in Chicago. It turns out that she would have gotten 1st class on the standby flight, and EVERY one of her flights were delayed, resulting in her getting to Chicago at 2am. Oh, and they lost her luggage. It was a disaster of a day, but it didn't ruin our weekend.

Well, I'm off to run out and get some lunch with my brother, then get some pizza tonight and watch some 24. I won't be using my phone for 3 weeks after tomorrow, because of the Canada ripoff plan. So, see ya on MySpace!

2 comments:

JV said...

Color me jealous Mr. gets to see his girlfriend AND go home to NYC. Hoping SM can get down to Atlanta next weekend... Safe travel to Alberta!

SME said...

Ugh, sorry Karen had such a bad travel experience :(
How does she fly standby? Can anyone do that? Please fill a fellow tour-widow in on the secrets of seeing your significant other cross-country!
PS - I like your fancy phone photo...