Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pencils Down!

Ok so now it's answers time. Just to note that these answers may not be the best ones at the time, but they're what I did. Ok, here we go!

1. Ok everyone go this one right. Sit next to the woman of course. I hate to use stereotypes in life, but when faced with a decision like this, it's always good to let crazy people go before you. And also, the women that I've played with historically, are never very good, and having people like that to your right can be a huge advantage, as money usually travels clockwise around the table.

2. So on the board of T63TK, holding A6 after my opponent had check called me on the first 2 streets, he then led out to me on the river. Well, let's think about this one for a second. People gave very good answers, but no one gave the answer to what I actually did...

Ok, if he had a T, I would have definitly found about it on the turn. So if he had a 6 I had him out kicked. If he had a K it would have to be K 6, but what are the odds of that. He didn't reraise me before the flop so I can count out a hand like AK or any big pair. I know that he doesn't have a Ten, so I ask myself what can he have that would make him bet? He either has a K randomly or has a busted draw. I leaned towards the busted draw personally. Because he and I were friendly, I remember saying "that bet SCREAMS 'I can't win unless I bet!'" So I raised him and he mucked. I can only imagine him having a hand like 78, 79, 45, or 46.

3 a and b. I played the nuts kinda weak here. I agree with Pete that I should usually check raise the flop, etc, but I didn't. I check called the flop, and when the Q came on the turn, making me the 2nd nuts, I foolishly decided to check again. When the original bettor checked also, I felt my heart sank, but the older guy fires out a bet! I then raised to $24 since it was a kill pot. If he reraised me there, I'd get rid of the hand. But he just called, I then led out on the river, and he called with a Q6 for one pair. I got kind of lucky that he bet the turn, otherwise I lose $24 right there.

So there ya go, there's my answers...take them as you will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On 2, why raise the river? I think we've clarified that the bet is either a random K or a bluff. If you raise, only the K or better calls (maybe even re-raises if he has a weird T) and all the bluffs fold. You're not folding out any better hands by raising, and you're not getting extra value from any hands you're beating because he's not betting a worse 6, a 3 or 55,44, or 22.

I played Hall's yesterday. Small 6-handed game, me, Hall, Locke, Gregg, Bill, Pieces, and Ryan. Ryan blew his money pretty quick when he flopped a flush and Gregg flopped a set, and then turned a boat. So we played 5-handed most of the night. It was pretty boring, I didn't hold many cards, but just kept getting called by weird hands all night when I had marginal TPNK hands. Nobody really put me to a decision all night, and just played really passive. I think I make Gregg tilt alot. He doesn't have Hall exploding tilt, but when he is steaming, he tries to bluff me every hand. He starts tilting usually when he calls me down with a hand he knows he should fold. Last night he called me down with KJ on a KQ783 board, and I had AK and put him squarely on KJ-K9 and value bet him every step of the way. It's a great feeling when the board is AA78T and you're genuinely worried about AT and AK when you've got AQ, and you make what might be a bad call earlier in the night, but when you do, his cards fly instantly in the muck and he says "you win." Gregg tilt is waaaaaaayyyy more profitable than Mike Hall tilt in my opinion. But ya, a real boring night, but +$165 for my troubles, at least $100 of it coming from Maltese tilt. Stay on your tour, I've been owning the Hall game and I don't need anybody interfering ;).

Anonymous said...

The key hand from my tournament win yesterday with about 30 people left. When he bet all-in on the flop, I INSTA-called. As soon as the button popped up, I clicked it. You might find it interesting.

PokerStars Game #3253748026: Tournament #15886016, Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (1500/3000) - 2005/12/05 - 23:01:42 (ET)
Table '15886016 17' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: MNoelH (147959 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: 1REM (20706 in chips)
Seat 3: M.T.Martian (148254 in chips)
Seat 4: theeeclone (54228 in chips)
Seat 6: IAmSnow (73080 in chips)
Seat 7: ligonia (5657 in chips)
Seat 8: MrMikeRR (48233 in chips)
Seat 9: iwhite (84211 in chips)
MNoelH: posts the ante 150
1REM: posts the ante 150
M.T.Martian: posts the ante 150
theeeclone: posts the ante 150
IAmSnow: posts the ante 150
ligonia: posts the ante 150
MrMikeRR: posts the ante 150
iwhite: posts the ante 150
ligonia: posts small blind 1500
MrMikeRR: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IAmSnow [Jd Ah]
iwhite: folds
MNoelH: folds
1REM: folds
M.T.Martian: folds
theeeclone: folds
IAmSnow: raises 12000 to 15000
ligonia: folds
MrMikeRR: calls 12000
*** FLOP *** [2h 4d Kc]
MrMikeRR: bets 33083 and is all-in
IAmSnow: calls 33083
*** TURN *** [2h 4d Kc] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [2h 4d Kc 6d] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MrMikeRR: shows [8h 9s] (high card King)
IAmSnow: shows [Jd Ah] (high card Ace)
IAmSnow collected 98866 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 98866 | Rake 0
Board [2h 4d Kc 6d Qd]
Seat 1: MNoelH folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: 1REM folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: M.T.Martian folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: theeeclone folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: IAmSnow (button) showed [Jd Ah] and won (98866) with high card Ace
Seat 7: ligonia (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: MrMikeRR (big blind) showed [8h 9s] and lost with high card King
Seat 9: iwhite folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]rRtERKcjGA[/url] - eiUeksnKbueKX , http://iluubcb.com