Friday, March 04, 2005

Well, since the last posting some 2 weeks ago about, I've been playing quite a bit of poker. I've been to Eddie's twice, Hall's a bunch of times, and the SPT championship event. Where do I begin? I guess from the beginning.

Starting with Eddie's after my last post, I busted out early when I made a huge bluff for a huge pot and I got called by bottom set. Good trap on the other guy's part. The following week I went to see 2 shows in NYC. Saw Wicked at 2PM then saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at 8PM. Having seen Wicked before, I realized that I didn't really need to go see it again, although I love the show. DRS though was quite a surprise. Much funnier than I imagined it to be, and I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. Look for it to be nominated for some Tonys in June.

There have been some cash games at Hall's as well, mostly 3/6 limit. I had a couple of losing sessions in the game at about $10-$20 at a clip, and then an $11-$25 profit here and there was well. It's funny how people view the game and if they don't make $100 dollars when they only start with $60, the view it as a loss, or just poor. The times where I made $20 bux in 3 hours, I was slightly better than average when you think about it, I was thrilled, and considered it to be a successful day.

I seem to be on somewhat of a good roll in the month of February. I made a nice comeback to take 2nd place in the SPT overall rankings, finishing just 150 chips short of Tieds. I won the Saturday tournament, came in top 5 in the next game, and then won the Omaha 8/b tourney the following week. I showed up to deal the satellite only to gather information from who would win and how I could play against them the next night. Lehman ended up winning and my gameplan going into the Championship table was clear. Get involved in pots with Lehman and hopefully trap him as he was the most inexperienced player at the table. (Sorry Lehman, nothing personal, just strategy!) It turned out to be in my favor as I flopped the 2nd nut straight against him and trapped him for almost all his chips. Ditty finished him off the next hand with TT.

From there, I got real real lucky. I was dominated against Tieds in a hand when he called my all in with AQ and I held AT. (I believe I had AT, Tieds help me out) I ended up flopping my undercard and doubled through. I got it all in again with KQ and Ditty called with 77. Flopped a K to stay alive again. Eventually I tumbled in 3rd place when my AJ went up against Eddie's A5 and the board came 7755x. It was time for me to lose when I was in a dominant position, it was only fitting.

I then went to Hall's game and dropped around $100 at his 3/6 game. Poor poor play on my part, I should have never gone. I said that I probably wouldn't go back on Sunday for the tourament, but I showed up for the cash game at night. Not enough people decided to play a cash game, so I played a 10 person tournament, and won, beating my arch nemesis Gregg Maltese (another Gregg M).

Then I had the dreaded task of taking Karen down to Atlantic city which is like throwing Brer Rabbit in the Briar Patch. I played 1-2 NL from 11-4am on Sunday night and from 12:30-7 on Monday. I made $425 and look forward to playing again when I go down there. I bluffed a guy off a hand, but it cost me a lot to do it. The risk/reward was enticing.

I raised in the cutoff with 9Td to $15. There was a European guy who had sat down at my table and he was calling every bet cold to the turn and then usually folding. I figured I could get him in and just try to outplay him to see what happens. He called as did 1 other. With a pot of $48 the flop came J64 with 2 diamonds. The action was checked to me, and since I had a pretty tight image to people who were paying attention, I bet $35. The one player that I wanted to call, called, the other folded. The turn came a 8c, giving me an inside straight draw for 6 more outs. He checked again and with the pot at $118, I fired $60 and thankfully he folded. He asked the dealer to rabbit hunt the last card to see if he hit his draw. I said to go for it, and flipped over my cards to show my bluff. The guy was irate and played super aggressive on every hand I was in, but I showed him the nuts 3 times in a row and he paid me off every time. I flopped a straight one time when he had QQ and didn't raise preflop. Then I slowplayed my flopped set of 9's and took out his AA. All in all it was a great experience. I'll probably get my ass kicked the next time I play this game. Karma...

Then I've been back to Hall's and I won his tournament this past Tuesday for $130 payout, and then played a shorthanded $3/$6 game on Wednesday night, waiting for Karen to get home from AC. I played for about 100 min or so and won $130, or as I like to thank about it, 21.5 BB. Damn, I would've been happy being up $9 or $10 bux, but I'll take it! The game was perfect really, people raising me on the river with an underpair when I have top two, or even just top pair. He tried it on me 2x, and I just called, so every time he did it to me again, I would just 2 bet him and consider it a value bet in my mind, because he was so weak.

One hand of note: I was in the SB with ATh and it was raised by Maltese, and 3 bet by Frank. Normally I wouldn't play this hand here, but a) we were shorthanded, b) the players are weak. So I just call the 3 bet and so does Maltese and 2 others. The comes 653 with 2 hearts. Normally I don't bet out here, but the implied odds are that a)Frank will raise in the middle, thereby trapping 2 other people for 2 bets and b) if everyone just calls, I'm getting 5-1 on a draw that I'm going to get there 1 in 4 times. Sure enough, Frank does raise it up and everyone calls 2 bets, which is perfect. The Jh on the turn shows up and I think if Frank will bet this hand. I decide to not risk it and just bet. Frank raises it again! and it comes back to me and I 3 bet it and everyone calls. The 5c comes on the river to pair the board and I still bet and it's just call call call call. I show my nut flush and everyone folds, but Frank says he had 88. Wow what a pot. As my friend Phil says "you just need a pulse in these easy games and people will pay you off through the nose"

Ahhh, if all days could go as well as this. I'm going to hit up the cash game tonight and then tomorrow he's spreading a 1/2 NL game. I'm interested to see how the competition is for this game. Well, that's all for now. I'll post tomorrow during work. Seacrest, out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.

I am in first time in your forum: greggm.blogspot.com maybe i has post to wrong category (this), but i look your forum very good for SE.
Tell me please, why my sites not indexed by Yahoo?
3 winch straps, cam arm straps, cam buckle straps, cam lock straps, tie down strap cam buckle, flat web nylon slings, flat web nylon slings california, gap nylon sling pack, nylon bridle slings, champion modular homes in north carolina, log modular homes in durham north carolina, modular homes built in hamlet north carolina, modular homes in north carolina walk throughs, prices on modular homes in north carolina, view modular homes in north carolina, 4 bedroom modular home floor plans, kansas manufacturers of modular homes, manufacturers of modular homes in massachusetts, modular homes manufacturers in illinois, modular home floor plan va, box contractor pickup tool truck, california contractor tool and equipment insurance, contractor tool, benton harbor gordon food service restaurant supplys, gordon food service denver, gordon food service in michigan, gordon food service locations, gordon food service near medina oh, gordon food services home page, arco food service supply, food service supplies dothan al, food service supplies magazine, food service supply hickory nc, delivery diet food service us, us food service company las vegas distributing, us food service healthcare, target retail store coupons, target retail store guiding princinples, target retail store mission, target retail stores mn, beijing retail jewelry stores, cardboard jewelry boxes for retail stores, franchise starting a retail business, starting a retail business business plan, starting a retail yarn business, starting a small retail business, cargo holding bars, highland cargo bar with net, highland cargo bars, logistic cargo bars, ratchet cargo bar, cellar thermo electric wine cooler, wine cellar coolers preowned, wholesale tent fittings, hot chocolate album mp3, hot chocolate karaoke mp3, bench warmer the movie, 2005 starttans shuttle buses for sale, shuttle buses for sale california, shuttle buses for sale in canada, shuttle buses used for sale, protovision global thermal nuclear war, catalytic thermal oxidizers, houston thermal oxidizer, pre owned thermal oxidizer, smith thermal oxidizer, us epa regulations for thermal oxidizers, well head ven collection thermal oxidizers, amd thermal interface material, thickness measurement of thermal interface materials, direct label printer thermal thermal transfer, direct thermal labels vs thremal transfer labels, label printer thermal transfer, thermal transfer barcode labels, thermal transfer label resellers, thermal transfer labels dallas, zebra 140 thermal transfer label printer, commercial espresso and cappuccino machines, conti commercial espresso machines, espresso vending machines commercial, portland oregon commercial espresso machines, rating commercial espresso machines, reviews of commercial espresso machines, indoor water fountain wall hangings, sunrise spring indoor wall fountain, wall fountains indoor, filtration systems water purifiers whole house uv, whole house water filtration systems recommendations, plastic whole house water filtration, plastic whole house water sediment filtration, water filtration whole house, water filtration whole house shoppers guide, whole house water filtration reviews, whole house water filtration systems compare, nsa 50c water filtration and company website, sulfer well water filtration systems, home well water with silt filtration system, wine cellar air conditioner equipment, disposable chef aprons, disposable chefs aprons,

If you can then please send answer to my icq or PM

Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I test the internet connection
to moderatos: please remove this topic. Sorry for your time.

Anonymous said...

I have the firewall that came with my windows xp. I want a better one. What is a VERY good firewall i can download and use for free that dosen't slow down my computer?
:(

Anonymous said...

Hello to everybody

I love your work in this blog,I don´t know if you are into Poker, I stopped to see if somebody can help me, cause I got a poker free bankroll on http://www.english.pokersemdeposito.com/ for Poker Stars the thing is now I don´t know where to begin ! No limit or Fixed Limit? wath should I Play and wath stakes?Cause Ido not learned much Pokerstrategy!

see ya